Micronesian Visa is not required for Ivorians
Stay Duration: 30 days
- Micronesia is an Island country located in the Western Pacific Ocean that allows Ivorians a 30 day visa-free entry provided they tender a valid passport.
- The passport should be valid for at least six months after the intended departure date from Micronesia and should have at least two unused pages for stamps.
- Visitors are expected to show proof of basic travelling allowance sufficient to cover their entire stay in the country.
- Evidence of accommodation reservation or confirmed hotel booking is required.
- Visitors are expected to possess an onward or return ticket.
- An international proof of vaccination for Yellow Fever, Smallpox and Cholera is required on arrival.
- Getting to Micronesia from Ivory Coast would require three stopovers as there are currently no direct flights available.
- Visitors under 18 travelling on their own must carry an authenticated letter issued by their parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
- Homosexuality is not widely accepted in Micronesia.
- Visitors are advised not to attempt intervening in disputes among local citizens.
- Female visitors are advised to walk in groups and in well-lit areas.
- Punishments for possessing, using and trafficking illegal drugs (including marijuana) in Micronesia are severe.
- Micronesia is made up of four Island states: Yap, Chuuk , Kosrae and Pohnpei.
- The official currency in Micronesia is the United States Dollars (USD).
- English is the official language in Micronesia. However, there are eight other major indigenous languages.
- The major means of transportation is via taxis and car rentals. There are no public buses or an established railway system in Micronesia.
- Micronesia possesses a tropical warm climate with the dry season running from December/January to June and the dry season from July to November/December.
- The rainy season may come with typhoons for some Island states depending on their location.
- Micronesia uses type A and B power plugs with the standard voltage and frequency being 120V and 60Hz respectively.
- The time zone in Micronesia differs depending on the Island state.
- Chuuk and Yap use the Coordinated Universal Time (GMT+10) while Pohnpei and Kosrae use (GMT+11).
- The dominant religion in Micronesia is Christianity.
- The country is a culturally heterogeneous mixture with rich history and awesome tourist sites. Some of these sites include: The Kepirohi Waterfall, Kuop Atall and The Lelu Ruins.